"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Sunday 21 July 2013

i love airports

The last couple of weeks have seen many loved ones coming and going. I would love to work at Cape Town International airport.  It is a wonderful place to observe people, and, if the parking did not cost so much I could very easily spend a spare hour or two there, once or twice a week, and sit and observe.

I love the expectation on a person's face when coming through those arrival doors, looking around for a familiar face - and finally finding them.  It is something special.  I could sit there for hours and try to match people.  I love to see the hugs and the emotion.  I notice the luggage, the art bag, the skateboard, the teddy bears.  Everyone has their own story, which I will never know and it sparks my imagination and makes me make up my own stories.  I like the words below, it is about reuniting and about the end of missing someone, which is the happy side of airports.

Often too it is the beginning of learning about missing someone and that is sad. Airports hold more emotions than any other place.  The "Arrivals" is a far happier place than the "Departures" but each place holds it's own adventure for those arriving or departing.


No comments:

Post a Comment