"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 20 June 2013

hoppipolla

My boys were tired of the music I was playing in my car.  Over the last couple of months I have been doing plenty of driving and was finding myself getting very uptight with the discussion topics on Cape Talk - two whole weeks of the Gupta wedding had made me defiant.  I felt empowered when I pushed the CD button just when Africa Molani was warming up into his loquacious (nice word hey?) babble.  Suddenly I had 4 new CD's - mixed stuff with many artists that I had not heard of (I now know the songs and most of the artists).  Quite funny the friendly "competition" between Gareth and Nic as to whether the CD currently being played in my car meant that that particular CD (and therefore) that particular child (at that particular moment) had to be my favourite (you have some work to do when you get back Matt).

Now I know most of the songs - one of the songs which features in both of their choices for me is Hoppipolla - by one of  Matthew's favourite bands, Sigur Ross (so it has been played a lot in this house and usually left on when Matt has his afternoon naps). Pretty weird Icelandic sound but once you hear it a couple of times you can't help but love it.  I had to find out what they were singing about - Hoppipolla




Awesome hey?  One word for jumping.in.puddles.  You can listen to it here (don't think you will like it Mom, but the video is fun - don't get any ideas though).



dripping wet
completely soaked
no rubberboots
running inside of us
wants to burst out of the shell


wind in
and the smell of your hair
i hit as hard as i can
with my nose
jumping into a puddle
wearing no boots
completely soaked (dripping wet)

wearing no boots


So while writing this and thinking of how good it would be to "Hoppipolla" right now I found this on Youtube.  Sums up things perfectly.


Are the cows in Holland really so happy Siobhan?  Best I get moving and do my Happy Cow Hoppipolling before this beautiful day slips away.



No comments:

Post a Comment