"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Wednesday 20 February 2013

stick figure families

I am a pretty even-tempered person. I have been know to get argumentative and stand up for Tiger Woods and his infidelities but have no time for Lance Armstrong and slate him at every turn.  That is the way I roll.  Not much gets me revved up (except Lance Armstrong) but these little stick figure families have a way at hitting all the wrong nerves in my body.

Maybe, if I was analysed, it may go back to the "single mom" thing and the picture of these "happy" families driving in 4X4's with a Dad who love to braai (who doesn't have a Dad who loves to braai?) (even if he doesn't live in the same home as you), a Mom who either loves to shop or go to gym (hells bells, I don't like either of them so therein could also lie my problem), a little boy playing cricket (who didn't or doesn't have a little boy who still loves to play cricket?), a little girl with pigtails skipping, 2 dogs and a cat.

OK, this Dad plays golf but what does the Mom like to do?  Wear high heels and carry a handbag (puke). I think what irritates me most is the way these stickers are making me behave.  I now drive up close behind the "stick figure family" car in front of me to make up my own story about the family.  I am a very inquisitive person (you might know that) and the one below is one of the most infuriating.

I have worked most of it.  Dad plays golf (is that a cell phone in his hand?) (on the golf course?), Mom shops (this one with flat shoes (thank goodness), big sister is in the tennis team and middle child and brother plays soccer.  Why does it drive me mad?  What is the sex of the baby in the pram? Why haven't they worked out a way to tell you that?  I end up having to overtake the car and peep into the baby seat to satisfy my curiosity. Boy or girl baby?  I know, I am a strange one.

So it is now 10.30 and I am almost ready for bed.  I had a quick peep at Facebook, saw the picture below on Hope's page (which made me giggle) but has now got me ranting and raving and typing at 100 miles an hour because these stick figures are driving me crazy.  I cannot get away from them.





In my day (am I sounding old and menopausal?) we sported a "Baby on Board" sticker (which in itself was probably also pretty ridiculous).  Making a statement to the world.  I am grown up, have had sex and now have a baby - BEWARE of me!!!

Still better than the "stick figure family".  Well I think so anyway.  You?


No comments:

Post a Comment